Head On Photo Festival believes all photo artists need a fair chance to show their work. This is why all exhibition submissions are selected without the artists’ names, so the proposals stand on their merit alone.
- All submissions will be reviewed
- Blind selection will be performed by a selection panel of industry professionals
- The selection panel has access only to the 'submission title', 'submission description' and images
- The selection panel will decide if the exhibition fits into the program
- All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by email (please check your junk/spam/trash/clutter folders regularly)
Key questions the selection panel asks:
- Is each image individually strong?
- Is the submission cohesive?
- Is there a new or unique approach to the subject matter?
- Does the photographer show an in-depth understanding of their genre and demonstrate a deep connection with their subject(s)?